I saw this recipe over on The Frugal Girls website and decided this recipe was a must because it's one of my favorite candies and we can't buy it here in Norway. It was a super hit at our 1st Halloween party.
My ingredients. Here’s what I used:
- I separated each of the colors into 6 ropes rather than one long rope.
- I could not find powdered milk - the powdered coffee creamer worked fine
- Sifting is important ! We didn’t sift and had to knead forever to pick out the small hard balls of dry ingredients. Worked out fine, but was just a little time consuming for something that could have been prevented.
- Make sure you have some extra hands to help, makes it faster to cut and the dough can get hard fast.
- the gel food coloring works great with the dough - almost like working with fondant.
- the extra dough from the ropes, we made jack-o-lanterns.
- this recipe is nice because there aren’t so many additives like the store bought kind.
- Where did I find this recipe: Link:http://quiverfullofblessings.com/2011/10/16/homemade-candy-corn/